Can you believe the arrogance of this senator?? especially amid the huge senate scandal that is presently under investigation by the RCMP. One crooked senator is already in jail and if we are lucky a few more will be following him. I could rant on and on but this letter below states the issue much better I could.
Quebec Senator – Jeff Smith as he calls senior citizens “greediest generation!“
Quebec Senator, Jeff Smith!
This is the statement Jeff Smith, Senator, made……gee, and we actually pay these senators huge salaries, benefits and of course we all know of their annually $22,000.00 housing benefits!!
Jeff Smith, the Senator from Quebec made a statement calling senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared “Social Security” to a Milk Cow with over a million teats.
Here’s a response from an Ontario citizen … I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is! Oh so true!
“Hey Jeff, let’s get a few things straight!!!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying CPP (Canada Pension Plan) & OHIP (Health Insur) for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Canada Pension payments, and those of millions of other Canadians, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and “your ilk” pulled the proverbial football away from millions of Canadian seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your “shill commission” are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Canadians, have been paying into OHIP & CPP from Day One, and now “you morons” propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because “you idiots” mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from OHIP & CCP to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Canadians, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you “incompetent bastards” spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the Canadian taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bullshit” to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the Canadian taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the Canadian taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Parliament who are the “greedy” ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted the Canadian Pension, OHIP and stolen the Canadian dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted our benefits for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch. NO, I didn’t stutter.
P.S. And stop calling CPP & OHIP “entitlements”. WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the CPP system for 45 years “It’s my money”- give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks.
Boy that is really telling that Good ole boy senator Smith!!! Bravo.
God Bless and keep reading
I’m glad that Jeff Smith gave us his opinion. He brings it out in the open, and we now know how it is possible for a senator to be brain dead by expressing ageism, and is condescending and therefore quite stupid. It’s puzzling how people like this get to hold an office of this status. I guess they don’t show their true selves before they get there. Power gone to their head.
Well we should really be more understanding of these poor senators some down even remember where they live, and they are after all the people of second sober thought, though frankly it is more likely to drive me to drink
I feel guilty to a certain extent – coming into senior citizenship and feeling I am getting what I worked for. I did not do research on how lucky we are. The younger generation are going to have to work longer to gain privilages. But, I have to say one thing. We have privilages but we got these privilages honestly. Our government allowed it and so it was all legal. I growl at the fact that, if times are so hard now, that hard times should have been foreseen. Not that they could be obvious but should have been taken into consideration just in case. But don’t expect a politician to take care of us to this extent!!!
Mr. Smith made a wrong comment at a time when we know of senators taking advantage of tax. It’s totally inconsiderate and disrespectful and ignorant and makes me, as a citizen, totally untrusting of politicians. If I don’t vote it’s because of the total foolishness and irrisponsibility on their part. Doing anything so stupid might be found out. Don’t think you can be dishonest and get away with it forever. ***
Unfortunately the way of life here in Canada, probably in the US UK Australia etc etc
This email is BOGUS, according to Snopes.com. There is no senator named Jeff Smith. Forms of this letter purported to be from an angry Canadian woman seem to have originated in the US, Wyoming to be exact, in 2011.
Interesting how we accept information we find online, and circulate it without checking that the facts are accurate.
Yes it was debunked as fake some years back. Sad thing there are persons who still believe these letters are authentic from one source.
right on tell it like it is .I know I did not get a good education so now a days I well have to work till I’m dead. But worse then that is people like the greedy senator and others like him well steel wat little I have. Thanks for nothing.
Fake news, no Jeff Smith the Canadian Senate.
Yes. It was debunked a while ago. A plagiarized old letter with only name sources changed over the years. The sad part is many people still believe these comments are actually from only one source.
The statement and letter has be debunked as a fake plagiarized old one using different name sources with the same letter. People need to be much more careful what they see on Google.