I’m not sure there is a great deal of difference between Dead Wood and a Dead Horse. We certainly have a good selection of both in the present Liberal Government. Just the latest flop in their strategies is to write off another 8.25 million dollars to Ocean Choice. Nothing else we can do says Alan Roach!!! it would cost millions more fighting in court and it still would be a doubtful outcome. The question we should be asking is what idiot in Government loaned this money in the first place without water tight security of the loan??? You have to ask yourself if you had that sort of money, would you loan it out unsecured??? Very doubtful especially if it was your own money. But what the hell this is just tax payers money, they’ll never miss it and we can increase the HST to cover the loss. So folks are we supporting a government that are riding a dead horse, I sure think so. Please read below the analogy of a dead horse
The tribal wisdom of the Plains Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that “When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount”.
However, in government more advanced strategies are often employed, such as:
1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
4. Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.
5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.
7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed.
9. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse’s performance.
10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse’s performance.
11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than do some other horses.
12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses, and, of course…
13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.
All the above are logical reasons why we still have a Canadian Senate!
So folks do you think our government is riding a dead horse???Consider in the next election we elect riders of bicycles, marathon runners, joggers, skateboarders, even a one legged ass kicker. All better options than the dead wood/dead horses we presently employ as our government/
God Bless and keep reading