WHEN I FIRST LOOKED AT THE CAMPER I WAS NOT OVERLY EXCITIED, It was 55 years old and quite cruddy to look at inside. However, It did seem to have some potential and I do like antique vehicles. After bringing it home we discovered a bad wheel bearing, the first job. We have rebuilt both wheel bearing with new seal and bearings. Next we checked out the lights and after a little repair and taping, they are all working.
Once these important parts was completed we turned our attention to the interior. Whoever painted the inside, left much to be desired. Paint everywhere, all over the stainless steel trim, the stove and the fridge. Well its not really a fridge, rather an ice box. It had been painted inside and out in a drab brown colour.
I removed the fridge and thoroughly cleaned and sanded, then painted it white, you can see it in the photo, its still out of the camper. Removing the fridge revealed a horrible sight, The old insulation had for the last 55 years been home to a family or families of mice, you can imagine the vintage mouse dropping. I had to wear gloves and a mask to clean the mess. Linda tackled the centre part of the roof, it was sagging inward a little, when it rained puddles form in the area. The roof has been braced and is level again, just need to re panel that area. I have cleaned and sanded the kitchen cabinet/sink/stove and plan to repaint after Linda finishes the roof. I have painted the kitchen drawers and cupboards they are ready to re-install. So all in all the project is coming along well, we hope to be completed by the end of this month. Then its out onto the open road and some touring